BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 93,500 people worldwide. Its wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems provides a wide range of military and technical services, from preparation and training programmes that ensure personnel and equipment are ready for deployment, to maintenance and modernisation services to keep equipment at the forefront of technology.
Caterpillar Inc. For more than 85 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel–electric locomotives. The company is also a leading services provider; Caterpillar Job Site Solutions offers complete solutions to customers that are designed to improve the jobsite performance and increase sustainability.
IBM. Throughout its 100-year history IBM has continually strived to innovate and progress. In the mid-1990s the company faced some real challenges as the Information Technology industry started to rapidly become commoditised. IBM survived and prospered by changing its strategy, and over the past decade has shifted into high-value services and software, which now account for more than two-thirds of its revenue. Radical innovation in IBM’s business model has been another example and is central to its re-invention as a globally integrated enterprise. Globally integrated delivery is now IBM’s business norm, enabling it to provide services which draw on large, new pools of highly skilled specialists from across the planet.
The Cambridge Service Alliance will bring together up to six further companies prepared to make significant and long-term contributions to support the Alliance. Benefits of membership include:
- Challenging yet practical insights into the design and delivery of high performance complex service solutions.
- Access to education and training derived from the Alliance to enhance capabilities in service and support.
- A stimulating international network of the world’s most talented engaged in solving problems associated with complex service solutions.
- Access to leading service research that helps partners advance their own business models both internally and externally.
- Ability to influence and commission new relevant research for the Alliance.
- Knowledge sharing with an exclusive club and associated networking opportunities.
- Brand association opportunities.
- Practical tools and techniques that will allow partner organisations to exploit commercially the intellectual property developed through the Alliance.