Ornella Benedettini and colleague Liana Victorino from the University of Victoria (Canada), as Vice-Presidents of the POMS College of Service Operations (CSO), organised the 2016 POMS CSO Mini-Conference. The theme of the Mini-Conference was 'Experiential Service'. The programme featured presentations from Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC - The Reliable One), IBM, Hilton WorldWide and SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, as well as a behind the scenes tour at the SeaWorld Orlando theme park. The presentations are available below, and include material on the new IBM Academic Initiative for Cloud.
- Leveraging Technology to Revolutionize the Customer Experience - A Four Year Journey
Roseann Harrington – VP, Marketing, Communications & Community Relations, Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC - The Reliable One)
- Creating Business Value and Intelligence in the Digital Era - Ben Amaba, Global Executive for the Hybrid Cloud Products Division, IBM
- Empower students to innovate - In your classroom and beyond
IBM Academic Initiative
- Hilton Worldwide Overview - A Great Place To Work
Todd J. Fisher, Senior Manager, Talent Development, Hilton Worldwide
- Creating Experiences that Matter: Explore, Inspire, Act
Michael Price – Assistant Curator, Fish Zoological Operations, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
The Mini-Conference was held in Orlando, FL on May 5 2016, the day prior to the Annual General POMS Conference.